The conference will be held jointly with the AMS 25th Conference on Satellite Meteorology and the AMS 16th Conference on Cloud Physics/16th Conference on Atmospheric Radiation as part of the Collective Madison Meeting
Papers are solicited for sessions that cover a wide range of topics on polar meteorology and oceanography, including but not limited to:
- Forced and unforced climate variability in the polar regions;
- Interactions among polar atmosphere-ocean-land-ice components;
- Atmospheric, ocean, land ice, or sea ice physical processes;
- Weather and climate modelling and predictability in the polar regions;
- Recent polar-focused field campaigns;
- Polar cyclones and atmospheric rivers and their impacts on the ocean, land ice, or sea ice;
- Connections between physical, economic, and social change in polar regions; and
- Machine learning methods in polar research.
Papers are also solicited on cross-cutting themes appropriate to several joint sessions with the other conferences including:
- Satellite observations the polar regions;
- Polar clouds and radiation;
- Polar reanalyses; and
- high-latitude radiation, cloud, and climate processes.
Abstracts can be submitted electronically via the conference website.
Abstract submission deadline: 14 April 2022
For more information about abstract submission, go to:
Call for Abstracts
For more information about the meeting, go to:
For questions, contact: