The workshop will take place in Cambridge at the Scott Polar Research Institute on January 12.
As well as the two previous project events in Aberdeen and Arkhangelsk, the workshop in Cambridge aims to bring together British and Russian scholars to address scientific questions with regard to the rapidly changing Arctic and identify the areas of a common research interest.
The coverage of themes for the Cambridge workshop includes but not limited to the following themes:
- Social Scienecs in the North
- Human dimension in the Arctic
- Health and wellbeing in the North
- Arctic ecosystems
- Biodiversity and biomonitoring
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation
- Mineral resources, energy and transport
The project will cover travel costs for British participants, including 3 days accommodation and meals organized during the workshop.