The UArctic Congress 2016 will feature Science and Meeting sections, including:
- Acclaimed keynote speakers and scientific experts presenting their latest research.
- Parallel sessions on an array of Arctic science, policy, and education topics.
- Formal meetings for representatives of the Board and Council of UArctic and UArctic Rectors’ Forum.
- Pre-Meetings to foster contacts and enhance networking.
- Opportunities for promoting and marketing your organization and activities.
- A UArctic Student Forum with workshops.
- A Cultural and Social program like no other.
The 19th Meeting of the Council of UArctic and the 10th UArctic Rectors’ Forum, as well as a meeting of the Board of Governors of UArctic form an integral part of the Congress.
Call for Scientific Abstracts: We also invite you and your colleagues to submit abstracts for scientific sessions under the following themes. The deadline for abstracts is March 31st, 2016.
- Vulnerability of Arctic Environments
- Vulnerability of Arctic Societies
- Local and Traditional Knowledge
- Building Long-Term Human Capacity
- New Markets for the Arctic, Including Trade, Tourism and Transportation
For more information on the UArctic Congress and practicalities, please visit www.uarctic.org/congress2016.
We look forward to seeing you in St. Petersburg in September!